Thursday, July 15, 2010

CCFM Summer Recipes

Welcome to a new addition to my blog. The California Certified Farmer's Markets of Sacramento has seen it fit to have me share some recipes with you all. I've chosen a couple of recipes here that i think exemplify the wonders of the season, but also which celebrate often over-looked flavor combinations and cooking techniques. Like who really thinks to eat soup in the summer in Sacramento? Well the short answer is...i do. I look at cooking as a way to explore food and the ways in which we can stay interested in it. Eating tomatoes and mozzarella with basil is one of my favorite summer time treats, but lets not get bogged down in the old reliable recipes, lets explore something new! So i've provided you with a recipe that explores the textural differences of plum and cucumber and the spicy floral taste of opal and thai basil.

Please fell free to write back with your experiences and comments to help me improve these recipes.

Stay Hungry!
-GDP

No comments:

Post a Comment